- Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child Of Mine
- The Pixies – Wave of Mutilation
- R.E.M. – Orange Crush
- Radiohead – Paranoid Android
- The Replacements – Alex Chilton
- The Twilight Singers – I’m Ready
- The White Stripes – Fell In Love With A Girl
- Cold War Kids – We Used to Vacation
- NIN – Getting Smaller
- Guns N’ Roses – Right Next Door to Hell
As a former swimmer, it’s a new tradition of mine to run. I enjoy it. It’s a religion to some people, but for me, it’s more or less a way to let out some steam. I’m not sure if any of you readers out there jog or run, but if you do, then you’re bound to listen to music while you’re doing it. A couple of years ago I remember reading some magazine, probably Runner’s World in a doctor’s office, that listed some great exercise songs. So, while running today (how coincidental, right?), I came to the conclusion that I really enjoy my own mix. So much so that I decided to share it with you, complete with MP3s.
Aren’t you lucky?
Roffman’s Running Mix
Yes, I take full responsibility for the double dipping of Guns N’ Roses, but they do happen to be the two better songs to run too. And by the time “Paranoid Android” finishes, “Alex Chilton” comes in just at the right time to save the day.
Anyhow, I’m done with the self indulgent article, okay? But really, I don’t think I’m alone in feeling excitement for sharing songs or mix tapes. Just don’t label me a Natalie Portman, okay?
What’s your work out mix?