- Jay-Z will followup his Coachella duet with Beyonce by teaming up with Betty White for the May 8th episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Members of The Strokes and The Black Keys and Norah Jones are among those taking part in this year’s Dylan Fest 2010.
- Tapes N’ Tapes sat down exclusively with Consequence of Sound to talk about their forthcoming third studio album.
- Kanye West’s music is now available in lullaby form. No joke.
- The Flaming Lips covered the Dark Side of the Moon track “Breathe” on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- Blur released its first new single in seven years, “Fool’s Day”, as a free digitial download.
- LCD Soundsystem debuted a pretty awesome video for This Is Happening‘s first single, “Drunk Girls”.
- CoS Staff Writer Philip Cosores reviewed the first U.S. show of Pavement’s currently ongoing reunion.
- Finally, You Say Party! We Say Die! drummer Devon Clifford passed away early Sunday morning after collapsing onstage during a Friday night concert in Vancouver.
You’d think a weekend featuring the Coachella Music Festival, Record Store Day, and a Soundgarden reunion would mean few other headlines. I mean, could you ask for any better distractions?
Well, it turns out that notion was entirely inaccurate. This weekend was super insane, so much so in fact that trying to catch up might be as overwhelming as attending Coachella itself. (Minus the 75,000 strong crowds). That’s why we figured it would be a good idea to post together a post-Coachella/Record Store Day/Soundgarden recap. So, without further adieu…