We did it everyone. Its Friday! Nothing beats knowing that you dont have to work tomorrow. It’s a gift, essentially. You get to sleep in, catch up on the house chores, and perhaps engage in some local debauchery – that is, unless you work on the weekends. If so, we pity you and advise to crank some Loverboy. But, no matter what, you may relish in the fact that Cluster 1 has some new things to see for your viewing pleasure:
– Scion A/V hooked up with Hunx and His Punx recently at the Scion Garage Fest for some interesting filming. For one, they got to interview the band, with a pile of balloons standing in as the lead singer, Hunx. And second, the A/V squad captured a live performance of the band performing their song Gimme Gimme Back Your Love, which is featured on their new album, Gay Singles.
– R.E.M. delivers a new cut off Collapse Into Now – straight from the studio, too.
Cluster 1 premieres a brand new video entry from The Wildbirds. This time it’s for their track, “If I Was A Woman”.
– Steven Penta directs to the new video from the band Innerpartysystem, for their track, American Trash. Get ready to break the fourth wall and engage in some music video propaganda. Check out the Channel for that gem!
– From the archives of Oaklands fantastic Hieroglyphics Imperium, its the 2009 Souls of Mischief track, Proper Aim. The song is featured on the Prince Paul-produced Montezumas Revenge, and the video features artist Steven Lopez, as we watch him design the album artwork on a large canvas. The entire video is displayed in Terminator-vision (you will understand when you watch it), and all the while you get to hear some of the Bay Areas finest MCs lay down some rhymes. If you live on the west coast, be sure to check out Hieroglyphics on their Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tour.
– Recently, Tobacco did a fan-made video contest to determine the visual content to go with his Beck-featured song, Fresh Hex. Here is the winning entry by Greg Golding, featuring a bizarre display of businessmen and giant killer moths. The song is featured on the album Maniac Meat and was released just last year.
Want a constant stream of musical goodness? Check out our Channel, featuring over 30 music videos, several short films, and other nifty clips, all crammed together in one non-stop barrage of visual and aural stimulation.