Musicians Sam Haar and Zach Steinman met at Ohio’s Oberlin College, sharing a love of dance-music and improv. Together as Blondes, the duo have already released a five-song EP and a 12″ single, generating their fair share of hype. On February 7th, the pair will release their self-titled debut album via RVNG Intl.
Blondes’ blend of spaced-out electronica is best described in the album sneak peek “Wine”. With clear inspiration from Giorgio Moroder, the track floats with weight of a hot-air balloon on the back of wavey synths and the pitter-patter of drum machines. Check it out below.
The record will be available digitally and as a double CD, with the second disc featuring remixes from Traxx, Bicep, D Twitch of Optimo, and many more.
01. Lover (A JD Twitch Optimo Mix)
02. Lover (Dungeon Acid Remix)
03. Hater (SFV Acid’s Encino Oaks Remix)
04. Business (John Roberts Remix)
05. Pleasure (Andy Stott Remix)
06. Wine (Teengirl Fantasy Remix)
07. Water (Bicep Remix)
08. Gold (One Blonde Strange Idea by Traxx)
09. Gold (Laurel Halo Chains Remix)
10. Amber (Variation in Cm by Rene Hell)