On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of the latest releases by Toro y Moi, The Raveonettes, Magic Wands, and The Darlings. We also feature an in-depth discussion between Consequence of Sound‘s Len Comaratta and the one and only party animal himself, Andrew WK.
Celebrating the tenth anniversary of his legendary I Get Wet album, the artist known to most of the world as the premier partier talks to us about the I Get Wet anniversary tour currently underway, some of the legal issues he has faced in recent years, recording in Japan, producing Lee Scratch Perry, working within the medium of television, and a whole lot more.
01. Toro y Moi – Take the L to Leave (excerpt), Warm Frames (excerpt)
02. The Raveonettes – Into the Night (excerpt), Too Close To Heartbreak (excerpt)
03. Magic Wands – Crystals (excerpt), Black Magic (excerpt)
04. The Darlings – America Dream (excerpt),Head Hunters (excerpt)
05. Andrew W.K. – It’s Time to Party (I Get Wet)
06. Andrew W.K. – Giroppon (The Japan Covers)
07. Andrew W.K. – Car Nightmares (55 Cadillac)
08. To Live and Shave in LA live in LA May 06, 2007 (excerpt)
09. Lee Scratch Perry – Santa Claus (Repentance)
10. Andrew W.K. – I Get Wet (I Get Wet)
Audiography Episode 035 Andrew W.K.”
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Chris Coplan, Derek Staples, Michael Roffman, Ben Kaye, Adam Kivel, Bryant Kitching, Frank Mojica, David DiLillo and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!