Lana Del Rey’s 2012 breakthrough debut, Born to Die, was helmed by Emile Haynie, a Grammy-winning producer/songwriter whose past credits also include Kanye West, Bruno Mars, and Eminem. This week, the pop singer returns the favor by appearing on Haynie’s latest song, “Wait For Life”.
Here, Del Rey’s signature somber croon is backed by tides of lush orchestration. The track is at once an echo of Haynie’s previous poignant ballads (see “A Kiss Goodbye” featuring Sampha, Dev Hynes, and Charlotte Gainsbourg) and a perfect fit for Del Rey’s cinematically haunting aesthetic. Listen in below.
“Wait For Life” is off Haynie’s debut LP, We Fall, due out on February 24th via Interscope. It features the aforementioned “A Kiss Goodbye”, as well as other big-name collaborations with Brian Wilson and Miike Snow’s Andrew Wyatt (“Falling Apart”), Father John Misty, The xx’s Romy Madley Croft, The Zombies’ Colin Blunstone, Lykke Li, Julia Holter, and Rufus Wainwright, among others.
We Fall Tracklist:
01. Falling Apart (feat. Andrew Wyatt and Brian Wilson)
02. Little Ballerina (feat. Rufus Wainwright)
03. Wait for Life (feat. Lana Del Rey)
04. Dirty World
05. A Kiss Goodbye (feat. Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sampha, and Devonté Hynes)
06. Fool Me Too (feat. Nate Ruess)
07. Nobody Believes You (feat. Andrew Wyatt and Colin Blunstone)
08. Come Find Me (feat. Lykke Li and Romy Madley Croft)
09. Who to Blame (feat. Randy Newman)
10. Ballerina’s Reprise (feat. Father John Misty and Julia Holter)
11. The Other Side
Del Rey, meanwhile, is hard at work on her forthcoming album, Honeymoon.